We take very seriously our responsibilities for keeping everyone in our church community and everyone that we have contact with safe. If you have any concerns, please do let us or someone else know. If there is immediate risk or danger, please call the police on 999 or 101.
We have adopted the House of Bishops' "Promoting a Safer Church: Safeguarding Policy Statement", which has been approved and signed on behalf of the PCC, and can be seen here.
Specifically, our commitments are:
- Promoting a safer environment and culture
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern and allegation
- Caring pastorally for victims and survivors of abuse or other affected people
- caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected people
- Responding to those who may pose a present risk
The Church of England has published a national Parish Safeguarding Handbook, which sets out our commitments and obligations in greater detail.
We are all responsible for keeping people safe in our church, but our Principal Safeguarding Officers are Heather Thomas, who can be reached on 07931 571 841, and Michael Fisher, 07836 381 073.
Other sources of information, advice or support on safeguarding issues that you may find helpful:
Metropolitan Police: 999 (emergency) 101 (non-emergency)
Childline: 0800 1111
Parentline Plus: 0808 800 222
NSPCC Diocese of London helpline: 0800 731 9256
NSPCC: 0808 800 5000
Stop It Now: 0808 1000 900
NAPAC: 0808 801 0331
Samaritans: 116 123
Family Lives: 0808 800 2222
National Domestic Violence helpline: 0808 2000 247
Action on Elder Abuse: 080 8808 8141
London Borough of Brent
Safeguarding children/adults 0208 937 4300 0208 863 5250 (out of hours}
London Borough of Harrow
Safeguarding children 0208 901 2690 0208 424 0999 (out of hours)
Safeguarding adults 0208 420 9453 0208 424 0999 (out of hours)
Barnet General 0208 216 4600
Central Middlesex 0208 965 5733
Edgware Community 0208 952 2381
Northwick Park 0208 864 3232
Watford General 01923 244366
We hope you don't need to use these numbers, but if you do, we want to offer you every support we can.